The sad news of the death of rapper Kim Scott Mathers has spread across the internet. His death has been attributed to an apparent overdose of heroin. However, the truth of the matter may be that he had been suffering from an addiction to drugs and alcohol for some time.
Relationship with Eminem
Eminem and Kim Scott Mathers have had their ups and downs. They first met when they were teenagers, and they began a relationship in 1989. Several years later, they were married. But their relationship was rocky, and they broke up twice. Thankfully, they have reconciled since 2006.
- Both Eminem and Kim have children together. Their daughter Hailie Jade Mathers was born in 1995. The two share custody of her. She is 25, and has become a popular social media influencer. Her Instagram account has over 3 million followers. In addition to Instagram, she has a podcast on YouTube with over 87,000 subscribers.
- When Eminem and Kim started dating, they were both in high school. They were in the same class, but the pair did not meet until they were in their senior year. While the couple was getting to know each other, they were also experimenting with adult substances. After they moved in together, they decided to try and have a child. This led to a few unfortunate losses for both Kim and her family.
- Kim was born in 1975 in Warren, Michigan. During her childhood, she lived in an abusive home. She and her sister, Dawn, left the home when they were around 13 years old. Since then, they have had a lot of trouble with the law. Some of their misdeeds have included drug possession, drinking, and driving.
- Kim and Eminem have been a part of each other’s lives for many years, and they continue to support one another in their difficult times. Recently, they were in the same room at the Academy Awards, where Eminem performed a song called Lose Yourself. He even dedicated the song to her. Although the lyrics of the song are rumored to mention killing his wife, they did not specify what he was referring to.
- Despite their ups and downs, both Eminem and Kim have been very supportive of each other, and both have been very close with each other in the years since their divorce. As a result of their closeness, Kim has spoken publicly about her struggles with depression. Also, they have been supportive of each other’s daughter, Hailie.
- Kim Scott Mathers’s daughter, Hailie, has grown up to be a social media star. In fact, her Instagram account has over 2.9 million followers. Moreover, she has been a successful children’s book illustrator and writer. She has also made a name for herself in the fashion industry.
In addition to Eminem, Kim also has a daughter from her previous marriage. Eric Hartter is a tattoo artist. During his and Kim’s marriage, he struggled with substance abuse. Before his marriage, he and Kim had a son. However, he was not able to have a daughter with Kim due to legal issues.
Addiction to drugs and alcohol
Kim Scott Mathers is a Michigan native who has faced a number of tragic events throughout her life. She was married twice and has also dealt with a series of run-ins with the law, including a recent arrest for possession of drugs. In the wake of her divorce from Eminem, Kim was forced to fight off depression and drug addiction.
- The two dated in high school, and reunited after their relationship ended in 2006. However, Eminem’s relationship with Kim has been tumultuous over the years. They were married in 1999 and split up in 2001. Afterward, the duo got back together and began to have a child together. Their daughter, Hailie, was born in the mid-nineties. When the couple separated, Kim Scott Mathers was left with a child she did not know how to care for.
- Kim’s twin sister Dawn Scott was found dead of a suspected heroin overdose in January 2016. Her death brought up tensions between her children and the siblings of the rapper.
- Aside from being an ex-wife of Eminem, Kim Scott Mathers has been involved in a number of other controversies. For example, she has been charged with DUI, felony cocaine possession, and driving under the influence. Another occurrence was an attempted suicide, which she allegedly committed in July 2000. This led to a number of inappropriate jokes made by fans of the rapper.
- While there have been some reports of conflict between Kim Scott Mathers and Eminem’s children, the relationship between them has been relatively peaceful in recent years. Eminem has adopted two daughters, Stevie Laine and Alaina Marie, and Whitney is also the mother of a son, Parker. But when Kim’s twin sister died in 2016, tensions with her extended family of fans began to flare up.
- Before she met Eminem, Kim’s twin sister, Dawn, was struggling with an addiction to drugs and alcohol. She was 41 when she died. Her boyfriend, who was visiting her at the time of her death, called the police, but the cause of her death is unknown.
- It is possible that her death may have been caused by her long-term drug abuse. But until the toxicology results are in, it will remain unclear what the exact cause of her death was.
- One thing is certain: Eminem has a good friend in Kim Scott Mathers. Although the duo have had a lot of ups and downs in the past, they have always been there for each other. After a separation, they were reunited through shared custody of their daughter, Hailie.
Both Kim and Eminem have made efforts to support each other when they are going through rough times. When the pair reunited, Eminem made an apology in the song “Bad Husband,” which featured Kim Scott Mathers. He also beat up a blow-up doll that was meant to look like Kim. Eventually, the rapper was able to move on with his life and have a new baby with Eric Hartter.
Death from an apparent heroin overdose
A woman in her mid-thirties died in a Detroit suburb of an apparent overdose of heroin. The woman, Dawn Marie Scott, was a twin sister of Eminem’s ex-wife Kim. She was found in a home in Macomb County, Michigan with an emaciated elderly woman in the same room. Her boyfriend called 911 to report the incident.
According to the Macomb County Sheriff’s Office, the best way to honor Dawn Scott is by helping others. Scott had just been released from the Macomb County jail after serving time for substance abuse. An online tribute was left on the remembrance page of a local funeral home in the town. It is estimated that her net worth is close to $2 million.
The Macomb County medical examiner’s office confirmed the identity of Dawn Scott. She was found dead on January 19 in a home in the Warren trailer park. In a video produced by the Sheriff’s Office, a friend of Scott’s said she saw a purported suicide note on the door of the house. But she said she received “out of character” text messages from Scott.
In the ensuing media frenzy, the story has evolved. While the aforementioned purported suicide note is the most glaring factoid, the truth is that Scott’s death was caused by an overdose of heroin. Despite that fact, the Detroit mayor claimed it was the result of a heroin epidemic.
The Macomb County medical examiner’s offices reportedly weighed the aforementioned factoid with a few other contenders. They said they also had to consider the fact that Scott had a ‘Do Not Resuscitate’ order on file and that she had recently been released from jail. This was in tandem with a ‘testable’ opioid order.
However, it would be hard to deny that the most notable item in Scott’s passing was her daughter Aliana. Although her mother had a rocky relationship with her twin, Kim and her adopted daughter took her in and raised her. Since her death, there have been rumors of tensions between the former couple’s relatives. One former Eminem spokesman claims that Kim and his ex-wife, Kimberly Mathers, are not on speaking terms.
On the other hand, it is possible that a relationship between the two rappers was the best thing that ever happened to them. Their first marriage lasted only three years, but it is believed that Eminem and Kim were together for a dozen or so before they split in October 2001.
Even so, there has been plenty of speculation and hysteria surrounding the aforementioned overdose of heroin, a questionable request to be sure. As for the other aforementioned tidbits, there is little doubt that Eminem and Kim have had a tumultuous relationship. Despite this, there have been positive developments. Both are now divorced and have adopted their respective daughter’s, a scenario that has been attributed to the fact that their relationship was strained prior to the split.